Creamy corn soup with milk and shrimps
2 tbsp butter
freshly grated ginger
3 cloves of garlic
fresh basil and oregano
1 tsp curcuma
1 tsp sweet pepper
300 ml milk
2 tbsp coconut milk
10 large frozen shrimps
1. Cut off the corn grains.
2. Heat butter in a pan, add chopped ginger, garlic and herbs. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes until the ingredients begin to blush. Add corn grains and fry for about 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly until all the corn is fried. Add curcuma, pepper and mix.
3. Add milk and boil quickly. Add salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
4. Add coconut milk and boil again. Cook for about 10 minutes, until the corn is soft.
5. Blend the soup thoroughly into a smooth cream, then pour back into the pot directly through the sieve. Stir with a spoon and wipe the soup through a sieve, so that a smooth cream is collected in the pot, and the minimum amount of maize husk left on the sieve. 6. Dry the shrimp with a paper towel. Drain with fresh salt and pepper. Pour the spoonful of lemon juice. Fry for 5-7 minutes turning to the other side when they are golden.
7. Serve the soup warm with freshly fried prawns.
Can be served with a crispy baguette heated in an oven. P>